Made with fresh tomato and onions,Pico de Gallo is a Mexican salad served along side tortilla chips or as a topping for burgrers,tacos,nachos etc.
WithCinco de Mayoround the corner,lots of Mexican recipes are popping up on the internet.While nothing beats my love for Indian food,I do enjoy the fresh flavors of the Mexican cuisine too.
Pico de Gallo is one of the easiest salads you'll ever make.Simply put,it is an onion and tomato salad spruced up with lemon,garlic and coriander. It tastes great as is,or with tortilla chips (or any chips,to be honest!),on tacos,burgers,bruschetta,enchilada,quesadillas,烤干酪辣味玉米片,fajitas etc.
Don't think of this as a strict"recipe"你必须跟随。玩弄各种口味做些适合你口味的东西。
pico de gallo salsa配方–可打印配方
- 1 Garlic clove
- ½ - 1 lime (as per taste)
- ½ teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers / 1-2 Tablespoons minced (adjust to taste)
- 4 plum Tomatoes,diced finely (makes 2 cups approximately)
- ½ cup chopped Cilantro or Coriander Leaves
- Finely chop the onion and place it in a small bowl.
- Using a microplane,把大蒜磨碎放入碗中（或用压片机或用小刀把它切碎）。
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.Taste and adjust for seasoning,if required.
- Cover and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours,to let the flavors seep in.
- Serve as desired.
- As the salsa sits longer,it will start releasing water.You can consume it,or discard it.
There really is no step here!Just mix everything together,taste for seasoning and let it rest in the fridge for a couple hours before serving!🙂